Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stevie

Steven James Chavez
2003-2013

Today we set Stevie free from his suffering and into your arms.  We knew from day one that he was a special little guy.  With only one kidney, we knew that one day he might have issues later on in life.  He was a happy boy from day one, if he liked you!  I remember him hiding under the couch when strangers would come over and barking. Tough guy!  Under the couch was his safe haven and where he hoarded everything! From baby pacifiers to toys to bones to just about anything that he thought was his.  Poor Bruce almost had to go to the ER because Stevie hoarded all the bones and I thought that Bruce had swallowed one whole. He loved his sweaters and to be covered up.  Even when it was 100 degrees, he thought he needed to be under the covers and would bark at us until we covered him.  Oh and this little boy could jump!!  Not like a normal dog, but like Snoopy...with all four legs.

He started failing on 9/15/2013. He would not eat and I knew that was the first sign of renal failure. Everyday he would try to eat a little and did really well until Friday 9/20/2013.  Then nothing.  I took  him to the doctor today in hopes that it was not what I knew it was.  No tests were done.  The doctor knew.  I held him until his little heart stopped beating and told him how much we loved him and that he was going to see his daddy and not to be afraid.  I wish I could have seen your reunion!  I am sure you were just as happy and surprised to see him as he was to see you. Take care of him Davey and make sure he has a clean sweater and that he is always covered.  Until we meet again.  Love to both of my boys.....  Love Mom aka Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment