Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a New Year


It is a New Year. Am I glad to see the old one go? Yes and no. No, because it was the last year I had you in my life. Yes, because last year hurt so bad. Not one minute goes by that you are not on my mind. Everywhere and everything I do reminds me of you. I even smelled your cologne the other night when I was in bed. It gave me a warm feeling to smell you again. I never realized such pain could exist and I pray every day for God to help me through it.
We have all collected Batman things in honor of you. I wish we had known all this stuff was here when you were here. A lot of us have a sticker on our car of the logo. It is awesome to pull up somewhere and see all those in memory of you. Even some of your friends have them on their cars. I even think the “lounge” has one too!!!! And it should, of course.
I wish I was there when you saw Papa come home. What a joyous occasion I am sure that was. He is now free to run and play catch with you. He loves you so much and was so devastated when you left. He thought it was all a dream and woke up the next morning to find out that it wasn’t a dream and was very upset. He never really was the same for those 86 days between the day you left and the day he left. He just existed, not really lived. I think he was waiting to hear the words that it was his time.
Tonight is Papa’s viewing and Rosary. I am not looking forward to it because I know it will bring back memories of you. To have to do this again so soon is very difficult on everyone but we all have peace knowing that you are together once again and you will be there the day the Lord calls us home as well.
Please watch over us tonight as we are there. A sign that you are there would be awesome-if you can. Not sure about how those work but if you can work it, it would be great.
I love you and miss you beyond words.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment