Sunday, January 23, 2011

Raegan's party

Uncle Dave,

Over the last few weeks, we have been getting ready for Raegan's 1st birthday party. We aren't doing anything too crazy...just our closest 70 family and friends at Nana's house. We decided to have Mexican food since that is Raegan's absolute favorite; she loves her beans and rice. You would be so proud of her; I think she has picked up on the fact that she is 26% mexican ;). Even though she has blonde hair and blue eyes which she gets from me, naturally. Although, people have commented that she resembles you (even her little cowlick!).

In honor of her 1st birthday, we will be getting her pictures taken yet again. I know, I know, how many pictures can we take of this little girl? The answer.....not enough! I promise we will slow down after her 1st birthday...ok, maybe not.

Anyways, as we start receiving rsvps for her party, I starting to realize how close it it (she is going to be 1 in less than 3 weeks!). What I am also starting to realize is that you won't be calling me to tell me that you will be there. You won't be arriving late with the biggest and best present you could find for her. You won't be there to help her dive into her birthday cake or to laugh when she makes a huge mess. I wish more than anything that you could be here for these and the other special moments ahead.

Thankfully, I am reminded (by Brittany) that you will be there that day and all the days ahead. That you will continue to be around Rae and I and are protecting us like no one else can.

So since I am already counting on you being there, this is what I have added to the guest list:


Guardian Angel: 1


Please watch over us on this special day and all the days ahead. We love you and we miss you incredibly.


Love, Sis

1 comment: