Friday, August 26, 2011

Our girl, Shi

I know you know the week I have had. I know you knew even before I knew that our precious girl, Shiloh is sick. As I sit here and watch her sleep so peacefully, I think about her life with us.

How it started....that day after Christmas in 2004 when you came home from working at Ralphs. You were so scared to come into the backyard when you saw a little (75 pound) Rottweiler waiting for you. She had snuck in the side gate and was looking to find a new home; apparently, she like ours. We let her back out the gate that night in hopes that she would return home. She had other ideas; she had found her new home. And so, when Mom and Dad headed to work the next day, we decided to let her back into our backyard. Lord only knows what we planned to do with a Rottweiler considering we already had Samantha and Sydney (the paralyzed wiener dog). But none the less, we wanted to keep her as she wanted to keep us. So, with your help, we convinced Mom and Dad to let us keeper.

I can't say how Shiloh ultimately became my dog because frankly we know how much she loved you. She would always appreciate when you brought a few of your guy friends home for her to hang out with on your bed. And even when she and I moved out, she loved the time she got spend with you when you would dog-sit at our house. She always loved to see her Uncle Dave.


Over these next few months, I hope you will be with us and take care of our girl, Shi. Please help me to make sure she remains comfortable and that I stay strong around here. Please continue to help me find peace in the decisions we have made and let me know that we are not alone.

And when the time comes, please make sure you are there to welcome her. There is no one that I am sure that she would rather see than her Uncle Dave.


No comments:

Post a Comment